“All this,” David said, “I have in writing as a result of the Lord’s hand on me, and he enabled me to understand all the details of the plan.” 1 Chronicles 28:19
God can help us to understand the details of a plan or reveal to us His hand in the details of our life. I encourage you to pray and ask God to reveal Himself in the details of a situation you’re currently facing. I believe that the glory of God is the goodness of God, that even when He chooses not to reveal himself to us, we can trust that He is there and He is good. God is very much a God of details.
In reviewing my recent battle with flesh eating bacteria, the following details were revealed to me and I praise God for His incomprehensible involvement in the details of our lives.
- The flesh eating bacteria was in my arm, so the pain was worse sooner than had it been in my leg where it normally shows up first.
- A nurse heard the symptoms before I thought it was serious, and she told my friend in no uncertain terms that I should immediately go to the ER.
- The Dr. in the ER where I initially went knew to call another ER at a larger hospital for help in diagnosing what I had.
- The Dr. that answered the first Dr.’s call is the Dr. who educates on Flesh Eating Bacteria; he knew exactly what I had & what to do about it.
- Julie was pre-scheduled to fly in the next day so my children had live-in care while my husband was with me at the hospital.
- I was told I had a $1,000 deductible left to pay, then 2 days later I was told it was “no longer showing in the system”.
- I had flesh eating bacteria in my arm, but after surgery Dr.’s announced that it had eaten “nothing!”
- My parents arrived the night before Julie left to provide care for the kids
- I had great peace in the midst of knowing I had a deadly disease, 3 surgeries in 8 days, IV antibiotics at home and intense pain.
- My church family from Woodland Valley Church prayed continually for me and lovingly brought meals to my family for weeks while I was in the hospital and recovering.
- While I was in the hospital we needed to do the inspection on our home and it just so “happened” that our Pastor has a lot of experience in construction! He willingly offered to meet my husband at our soon to be new home and help with the inspection process.
Meditate on these verses and ask God to reveal Himself in the details of your life:
"He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name."
"A person’s days are determined; you have decreed the number of his months and have set limits he cannot exceed."
"And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered."
We know that our very breath indicates God’s involvement in our life. He is always with us. Even during events and circumstances that appear negative and don’t turn out the way you expected or even prayed they would, we can trust that God is with you. We know that He will “never leave us or forsake us”. He wants to reveal Himself to you.
Are you more likely to ask God for a revelation or an explanation?
Written by JS